Young Peoples Counselling
Welcome to YPCS
We are the Young People’s Counselling Service – a free, confidential service set up to support young people aged between 11 and 16 who live in Cambridgeshire area.
Our counselling service is:-
- Free to all users
- Available without referral – you contact us if you need to talk to someone
- Provided by a fully qualified and experienced counsellor
- Based locally at the Jenner Health Centre, Sir Harry Smith School and in Yaxley.
- A non-profit making organisation
We can help you with problems such as:-
- Low self esteem
- Loneliness, anxiety or confusion
- Distress through bereavement or loss
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Family problems
- Relationship problems
How to contact us
- Phone or Text us on 0800 634 4395 and leave a message with your name and contact details
- You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The YPCS counsellor will contact you within 48 hours to talk about your needs and schedule an initial meeting. This is called an Intake Assessment.
- At the Intake Assessment we will talk to you about how the counselling service works and the options that are available to you.
- If you both agree that counselling is the best way forward, then we will arrange a regular day and time for your counselling to take place
- At the end of your counselling we will ask you to complete any anonymous Feedback Form to let us know what you thought of our services and support.
- Our Counsellors are fully qualified and trained members of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy(BACP)
- YPCS has adopted the BACP ethical framework
- YPCS is funded by charitable donations.
If you would like to donate to YPCS please contact Louise Russell by emailing email@example.com:-
c/o Jenner Health Centre